Thread: Dino 206P
View Single Post
Old 21st August 2014, 06:38

Axel is on a distinguished road

Ok, wife and kid are on vacation til tomorrow, so I had some time to continue with my car.
(You might notice I changed the airintakes panel again)

I removed the plastic sills first

the Dino sills have a 25mm flange, so I took some sheet metal, fixed a 25mm flat bar under the sheet, and rolled it with a soft upper with my EW, result is a pretty nice flange.
The sills are made in two pieces and welded together to get the needed length and the radius is rolled with a soft upper.

Then I started the front end with a metal "subframe". It was pretty difficult to find the right proportions, but it is getting closer and closer.

Because I don't have any measurements of the original car I had to do photo comparisons with photoshop...pretty helpful:

You can see it is getting pretty close. Unfortunately I have to modify the spaceframe at the upper front, it is too high, but I did it yesterday evening.

I would like to weld a 40mm half circle tube around the front airintake, but I have no bead roller, so I took a tube from an old party tent, cut it quickly in half, and modified it with the shrinker, pretty good result!
I have to do it again with an exact cut, and I think I have a good base for the rounded front air intake (I am pretty sure it is done a different way, and you experts have many other ideas ;-)).

I really like this very low perspective:

...thanks for watching! Any comments or help is much appreciated!