View Single Post
Old 27th April 2017, 21:05

couerdelion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post
You should find all the info on the threads here.
There isn't much that hasn't been covered.
If you can strip the donor you can fit the kit just take your time to get everything aligned and gapped up correctly. Getting the doors / door locks right is covered on most of the existing build threads, the electrics are easy then its just paint prep and paint.

Good luck
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
The door locks are very easy, door gaps much harder.
I have used the grey material they use to line vans with in the boot and it looks very good, very cheap and easy to fit. Would make a very good headlining, available in black or various shades of grey.I would suggest fitting it before bonding the roof on, just leave the first few inches loose so you can glue it over the join once the roof has been bonded on.
I have a garage but it has so much crap in it that the whole build has been done on the drive. Harder for you as you will lose your roof. I have bought a good quality car cover from Ebay, website sells them for £175 and I picked it up for £27. Now is a good time to look as people are not using them. Mine is semi tailored and was to fit a Alfa Spider.
In fact it was so cheap I managed to pick up 3 more covers, 2 for my GTO's and one for my MK2 Jag. Nothing over £40 and they have clips and starts and are all thick breathable material. I went mad because next door have just knocked down their house and the amount of dust is amazing.
The one for the Z3 was used to keep it water tight when all the 250 panels were removed to the back garden for priming.
Thanks for the advice, I saw the challenge you had with the gaps and hoping that if I do the same I can use your thread for inspiration. Good idea about the van material for lining. I'll look at that as I was wondering what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casamolino View Post
Good evening couerdelion , from personal experience any work you do on the interior (for example removing the BMW plastic/new carpets/new parcel shelf/new seats) will be a hell of a lot easier before the new bodywork is on the car , now it may be for space reasons you need to get the bodywork fitted quickly! but if you can wait the interior will take less effort , all the best with the build , look forward to seeing you thread , Geoff .
Thanks Jeff - I think you are right on that front. I pretty much talked myself into doing the interior first today when I was replying to an email from Nubodi about the dash (despite deciding to do it last early this morning). I'm changing my mind about things like the wind changes direction....