View Single Post
Old 5th May 2017, 10:55

couerdelion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
You will never be able to fit a new carpet that looks as good as the original so I would strongly suggest you keep it. A good shampoo and hoover is a good idea at this point.
I think you are right. There's always an option to spray dye the carpet if I'm really unhappy with it but at the moment cream interior is a go!

Quote:
I'm on the fence on the interior upgrades, I drove my car over to my painter (finally) and had the door cards removed, there is no way I could live with a car that didn't have arm rests on the doors. I even made up a "Henley's" centre arm rest for my MK2 Jag as I found it so uncomfortable to drive without the centre armrest, it was a period accessory at the time.
I do however like the retro dash and dials but would it work with the more modern interior?
Ive ordered the dashboard from Nubodi so am heading down that route now. I wonder how hard it would be to make an arm rest for the door? More for me to think about. Centre console is a must though I agree.

Quote:
I have bought a pair of MGB seats that I intend to fix to the existing seat bases. I will probably fit them with the worn and many covers to see how I get on with them, if they are uncomfortable I will just remove them and refit the originals.
I'm undecided - still. I've looked at the MGB ones and the new MGF ones but think I'm going for the same ones Hilltop used (BB2's). I'm used to an upright enough position as all my cars are 2 seaters and once I adjust for legs I've no room to recline.

Quote:
And finally, sacrilege I know, but I would really like to fit a hidden pop up sat nav system in the centre of the retro dash, just behind where the fresh air vents would have been. I use mine all the time as I always have the safety camera feature turned on, as I do like to drive safely!
I have found that it is the cameras that you go past on a regular basis are the buggers that normally catch you out.
No, I think its a must too - once the new dashboard is in theres a big gap underneath that most have filled with a piece of folded alloy. I don't think it's too big a job (famous last words) to put some kind of frame behind that to hold a single or ideally a double din unit. Cover over the top held in place with velcro...

Quote:
Tynoprime was doing a great job on his interior upgrades on his MX5 kit. He has been a bit quiet but hopefully now the weather is improving he might start up again.
Love the details in his build, so much so that last night I put a bid in on a sewing machine and am now planning on doing a similar looking centre console and doorcards!