View Single Post
Old 12th October 2012, 21:15

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Andy - Sorry, I know you haven't had a chance to answer my last batch of questions...
But can I be cheeky and add a few more while I try to work out what I should be doing?

I plan to start "encouraging" my frame to line up with the last two chassis mounting points soon.
Can I just check that the two frames should line up 'edge to edge' when they are joined together?
This is the passenger side & again I assume the front frame edge is on the inside.

Now you have gone through your re-body inspection, I guess bits have "fallen off" the front chassis.
Do you now know if the bonnet will clear everything in the engine bay without the need to move things?
I'd like to upgrade my radiator to the full width version that you appear to have fitted to your donor.
But the advantages of this 'straight swap' part would be lost of the mounting points need to change.

Also, if you have fitted the bonnet, I'd also like to see how the bonnet hinges work.
Was it simply a matter of using the same sort of bracket that Gary fitted to his Cordite?

And finally (you'll be glad to hear) can I just pick up on this part of your build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP57 View Post
... I've not put any lowering blocks in mine (And may not do yet) as I want to experiment with wheel sizes to fill the arch, leaving the geometry of the swing spring as it was designed...
I am planning to use 13" wheels with 175/70 size tyres (as they came brand new with my donor).
I've also got a 1" lowering block & matching studs from Rimmer Bros based on previous advice.
Is it worth waiting to see how you get on without a lowering block, or just get on with fitting my one?
I'll have a better idea of how my body & wheels will look when I've sorted out fitting my frame.

Thanks again, Paul.