View Single Post
Old 9th December 2014, 15:52

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Scottie - Given my luck, I am sure I will get caught in the rain one day, even if it is dry & sunny when I leave home.
So I plan to have a towel and some spare clothes tucked away in my boot just in case, so I need them to stay dry.

Ed - Thanks for giving Scottie the link for the LED rear reflectors.

Just incase anyone else is interested, this is the Ebay Item Number - 121440956978

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Another Blind Alley...
Just too many other things going on at the moment to get any chance to play with the car.

However, I did have a revelation that the alternative quick release pins I bought are actually a non starter.

The original locking pins have a rubber gasket under the big metal washers to provide a water tight seal.

Which is why the bolt mounting plates can be outside the rain channel.

Whereas, these alternative pins would need to be mounted inside the rain channel as they use an open/unsealed hole.

Having just changed the rain channel to accommodate Option 1, I have no intention of starting again for Option 2.

So I need to work out a way of making the original ones work and thankfully I had a couple of revelations about that too.

The locking pins themselves need to be lined up parallel to the the sides of the car when in the "open" position.

As I think this will make it easier to slot the lid into place.

The other thing I need to ensure is that all the pins are pointing "straight down" towards the bolts.

This may mean adjusting the top surface of the boot lid to remove any gentle curves under the big washers.

This is a bit like the work Swifty had to do on his boot hinges to ensure they were square.

Finger's crossed that after a bit more fine tuning, I will finally be able to call this job done.

Take care, Paul.