View Single Post
Old 24th November 2015, 16:53

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Roadster - I'm not sure what racing Nation added extra weight and then left it there.

At least it should not fall apart when I hit a speed bump / pot hole. < Touch Wood. >

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A Damp Day:
Tidied up the Summer House while I waited for the rain and drizzle to finally clear up.

Then started sanding down the filler along the bottom edge of the boot floor to body shell panelling.

This task was made harder by the fact there really isn't much room to manoeuvre under there.

Unfortunately, it took me a while to notice that the rain had returned, forcing me to stop for an extended break.

When I returned, I removed the tail pipe mounts.

I then continued with the sanding until the rain came back and I had to take cover again.

So it was third time lucky when I finally finished.

Note:
This whole area is both underneath the car and will be covered in Tetroseal, so I this is a good enough finish for me.

Then I put a coat of etch primer on.

Both the outside edges have been left un-primed for now, as they will eventually form part of the inner wheel arches.

The other thing I had done was to sand down the external side of the body shell to remove any traces of excess filler.

So the bottom edges on the outside were also given a coat of etch primer.

Then I test fitted the cockpit side panels.

Both sets of panels will need a bit of fine tuning before they will slot under the new fibreglass lips.

I was able to make up the passenger side, but the rain returned again before I could tackle the driver's side.

So with all the covers back on at the front of the house, I relocated to the Summer House.

When the rain stopped again, I could adjust the passenger side panels.

Although I want to re-check the bigger panel as I think it might need some further adjustment.

I also realised that the bottom two panels on the driver's side are fine, so I gave then an extra coat of paint/wood preserve.
( Along with the freshly cut edges of the smaller passenger side panel. )

Overall, a frustrating day as I had a lot of time available, but no decent weather to work in.

Still, it is all forward progress, so I can't really complain.

Until next time, take care, Paul.