View Single Post
Old 26th November 2015, 16:01

Paul L is on a distinguished road

A Better Day - Part 1:
Being woken up by the sound of rain lashing down outside is never a good way to start the day.

At least my first job was indoors, as I added paint/preservative to more of the panels.

Given my poor run with the weather this week, I used a Burlesque Building approach.

Just removing enough of the covers to give a partial view of the car beneath.

Ran some masking tape along the bottom of the outside edge of the rear body shell.

Although it is not easy to see in this photo, the tape had a small margin on the inside edge too.
( Which will hopefully make it easier to paint the "sunny side" when the time comes. )

Then I brushed on some Tetroseal over the boot floor to body shell panelling.

Obviously photos of a black surface taken underneath the car are never going to look very clear.

But at least the 'patch work quilt' of panels are starting to blend in with the rest of the boot floor.

I'll add a second coat to this at some point.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Peeled the covers back a bit more...

Roughly sanded over the fibreglass matting added to the cockpit sides yesterday.
( Note the "little 'n' large" widths of either side. )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm been thinking recently about the best way to tackle the "undulations" along the top edges of the cockpit sides.

Looking at other builds, Mr T posted this great photo of the passenger side of his Spyder cockpit (before he fixed it).

Mac did something similar to improve the cockpit sides of his Navigator.

Swifty even fitted lower sills to straighten out the bottom edge of his Navigator body shell.

Taking that last point, you can see that I still have the original curvy bottom edge in this side view of my car.

I intend to leave this bottom edge alone, as the key thing for me is that this edge now completely covers the bottom of the framework.
( Which it didn't before I started butchering the body shell. )

End of Part 1...