View Single Post
Old 29th April 2016, 15:34

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Rene - That spot would become my new home if I even suggested putting another project there!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That Friday Feeling
I must confess that I was quite nervous about how "unfinished" the car looked when it was collected yesterday.

But fair play to the guys at JYClassics they have been very positive and even posted a couple of photos on their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/JY-Classics...7354516947231/

The positive reaction the car now gets from people seeing it for the first time is really heart warming.

As many people on here have said, when the car is finished no one would ever guess just how much work was involved in building it.

So I can't wait to have it back and start tackling the front wheel arch profiles/body shell side extensions/bonnet & scuttle join.

I know it has been a long time coming, but the project is definitely heading for the finish line.

Stoneleigh 2016:
Unfortunately, the dates for this year's show clash with a family event, so I can't make it.

Maybe 2017 will be the year that I finally go to this show in my own kit car.

If anyone reading this is going to the show, please let Chris @ Tribute know we appreciate his work.
( As the amount of Tribute bashing going on "next door" recently is quite depressing really. )

The SWB 250 is my favourite Tribute model, but it is a tribute to the original, not a mm perfect replica FFS!

Which reminds me of one of Basil Fawlty great rants.

"Well may I ask what you expected to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain…"

Until next time, take care, Paul.