View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2016, 17:30

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Thinking Time:
Without a car to work on, I've spent a bit of time thinking (not always a good thing during this build ).

I think it is fair to say my design for the bonnet / body shell join was not very popular.

The design was based on the idea of extending the bulkhead "shelf" horizontally until it met the body shell.
( At point "P" in this old photo below. )

Since then, Micky1Mo revealed the new Sammio Spyder and I really liked the shape of his bonnet.

So I printed a photo of my car & his for a side by side comparison.

As you can see, I've marked up a similar curve on my car and it looks like a big improvement.

Which means I will now add a horizontal panel between the bulkhead and the body shell much lower down.

In fact, it is likely to be near the bottom edge of the Spitfire bulkhead, marked by some masking tape in this old photo.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've also been making a final "To Do" list split between Pre & Post MOT.

Obviously, as soon as I start thinking about all the things left to do, the list starts to grow very quickly.

However, some jobs are little things like fit the rear lights, side mirrors, aero screens, etc.

But they will all have to wait until the final front end modifications have been done.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Until next time, take care, Paul.