View Single Post
Old 11th September 2016, 19:21

Paul L is on a distinguished road

I went down to the woods today…
As you may have already seen on Oxford build thread, I pushed a shakedown run as far as Oxford.

Which included a big section of the M40, which was definitely edge of the seat stuff.

But first I need to cover my choice of footwear…

I have wide feet and narrow pedals, so I have been wearing some "squash" trainers while driving.

I did look at original brown leather racing boots, but they are the thick end of £200 a pair.

So a trawl through ebay found these black hi-tops for just £15 + P&P which I think are a big improvement.

Although my daughters are now even more ashamed of me than ever, for wearing second hand teenager footwear.

Stopped off at a Sainsburys on route to pick up some biscuits & took this photo…

A mini, next to one of those cars that BMW make.

After a bit of a detour (where I headed South, instead of North), I finally made it to Oxford's workshop in the woods.

It was great to finally meet him and have a bit of a drive around and general chin wag.

Although, I really must remember to sit on the passenger side before I take any photos as my car always looks lopsided.

I'm a bit gutted this last photo came out blurred.

I got caught in some horrendous traffic on the way home, so was a bit late taking my family for a promised meal out.

But it was still a great day and I racked up around 150 miles, including all my detours.
( Forgot to check the trip reading before I put the covers back on. )

So until next time, take care, Paul.

Last edited by Paul L; 11th September 2016 at 21:33.. Reason: More Typos