View Single Post
Old 24th May 2016, 13:13

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Scottie - Thanks, you are too kind sir.

Funnily enough, these days when I'm asked what it is (last guess was an MG), I simply say it is a Triumph Swordfish 1500.

I then go on to explain that they will not have heard of it, because it is the only one of its kind in the world.

This is both true and a lot easier to explain than it was a Sammio Cordite, which was re-named a Ribble Navigator, but I modified it.

Whilst I still don't think I am a fibreglass expert, I do accept my unorthodox approach has certainly had a lot of practise and does work.

Which means I can now keep the faith during the butchery phase, knowing it will turn out OK in the end. < Touch Wood >

I keep saying how much I love the way the rear of the car looks and that is because it was such a mess for so long:

Cutting the whole thing in half was a leap of faith.

So removing a chunk of the wing seemed mild by comparison.

I did enjoy using beer cans to make my tail pipe exits.

And this was me re-shaping one corner of the rear valance.

The extra hump I was given was for the driver's side, so it needed to be extended to fit on the passenger side.

Then the body shell had to be re-shaped to line up with the 2nd hump.

A new rear cockpit return lip was added.

Unfortunately, the memories are still too traumatic for me to revisit the HUGE amount of work involve in creating a boot from scratch.

So I am nothing short of stunned that the rear end looks as good as it does now.

There will be a normal build update later on today.

Cheers, Paul.