View Single Post
Old 21st October 2013, 07:56

DSG4ME is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

I have been following your Bertini GT project since I first read about it several months ago and I am really impressed with what I have seen so far.

I designed something similar (a BMW/250 GTO/Lyonheart K mix) some time ago but it never got past the Photoshopped vision I had, but you have gone further and are building your dream car which is really great. One of the things which I like about the Bertini is that its a mixture of many other great cars without it been a direct replica of anything. That Jaguar concept inspired front end really looks the part and that rear end is progressing nicely, although slightly different to what I imagined at first. I thought the lower rear bumper/exhaust section would resemble the Lyonheart K. (another fantastic car). Even so, its still looks great.

One thing which I´m not too keen on are the rear lights units. You mention on your FB page that they are Porsche 996 units cut in half. If you are planning to sell kits outside the UK (I´m sure you will have many clients) you may find that cut-up or modified light units are illegal in some countries. Its always better to use unmodified light units as this has the advantage that if they get damaged the owner can always get a new light unit off-the-shelf. Have you thought of using the latest 2013 Porsche 911 LED lights or the Lancia Thesis LED units ? They probably cost a bit more but they would look awesome, and a car like the Bertini should have the best. I think you also mentioned somewhere that the front headlights are Fiat 500 units ? Here the ultimate would be these same Fiat units with the DRL,s and Angel Eyes (as seen on Ebay).

Will you be having any optional extras such as bonnet or front side vents ? Maybe in the future you could also offer a Coupé style hardtop (something similar to the Zeintec Porsche Boxter hardtop) so owners could have a coupé in the winter and a convertible for the summer.

I just can´t wait to see the finished car, its going to look stunning. I hope you put lots of pictures up on your website and if possible some videos so that all of us that live outside the UK and won't be able to see the car at a car show can get an idea of how it will be.

If everything goes as planned I´m sure you have got a winner there and you will sell many kits in, and outside the UK.

Best of luck. :-)