View Single Post
Old 10th December 2014, 15:22

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Part 2:
After another round of sanding, the lid was looking like this.

Note:
The rubber seal is not in place, as it was removed so I could spray some etch primer on the other day.

Unfortunately the light was fading fast at this point and all my attempts to photo the pins themselves failed.

Still, the good news is that the pins are much straighter than they were & a bit more sanding should help.

Then I can start work on getting the inside edges of the lid around the pins to match the top edge profiles.

After that I will see if I can get the locking bolts into a suitable position for all four bolts to work.

Also the "softening" of the end of the passenger hump's tail seems to be working out OK too.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Alternative Locks:
I had a play with these this morning & they are the same size as the locking pins, so I could re-use the existing holes.

However, there isn't enough room for the latch to turn 180 degrees if I set them up here on the top edge.

Although it does look like I could get the 180 degree sweep I need if they were set up like this.

So just in case the filler work I've been doing doesn't solve the problem, I could have a Plan B.

Until next time, take care, Paul.