View Single Post
Old 30th May 2015, 10:43

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Ed & Scottie - Thanks guys.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Work Update:
After lots of form filling, I'm now just waiting for a criminal record check to be completed.
Unfortunately this could take another week, but I should be starting work some time in June.

Summer House:
It will come as no surprise to regular readers that tidying up the Summer House is on my "To Do" list again.
However, this time I also want to ensure that all the parts needed for working on the Moon Rover are to hand.
As I can waste a lot of time and make an even bigger mess looking for one small part needed to finish any particular job.

Moon Rover Plans:
If I do get a chance to work on the car, I have a few jobs in mind that I'd like to tackle first.
These include refitting the original Spitfire steering column and hand brake lever.
Which should be a straight forward job given I am re-using a Spitfire bulkhead & hand brake panel. < Touch Wood >
I'd also like to make a start on drilling the holes in the floor required to fit the seats.
Finally, if I can sort out the seized clutch pedal then I will look at re-fitting the dash too.

Ebay:
I'd also like to spend some time listing another batch of "stuff" for sale.
This will include things like the leather seat covers I got with my donor car, which didn't sell the first time I listed them.
Plus some of the parts I have bought specifically for the build, before changing my mind and using something else.

Excel Problem:
I built up a very detailed record of all the costs associated with this build on a spreadsheet.
It also included a record of previous Ebay sales to provide the final net cost of the donor car.
As I wanted to have a comprehensive breakdown of my "getting on the road" costs.
Unfortunately, a number of my Excel files will no longer open, including this one.
Based on internet research this is a known problem, although none of the suggested fixes have worked for me.
So it looks like I will need to bring the files to an IT expert for restoration, but at least they should be recoverable.

Until next time, take care, Paul.