View Single Post
Old 12th December 2019, 19:48
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road
Default Body Building....

No, I haven't been to the gym but I have started to assemble the Sabre's body panels.

But first, I had some housekeeping jobs to do. One was to make the engine air intake hose fixing permanent.
It was temporarily held in position with a couple of tie wraps so I bought a suitably sized flange which was bolted to the radiator support frame.

Air Intake flange by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

I also had to fix the radiator frame with nylocs as it had previously been fixed with plan nuts.

I could then move on to fixing the inner wings and the radiator cowl.

Inner wings by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Even though they have been fitted before by the original builder they still needed a fair bit of fettling to clear the wiring loom and the radiator frame brackets that I have added to move the frame forward to accommodate the BMW engine. They are only loosely fitted in this photo as they need to be removed to paint the inside faces and they will only be aligned and tightened once the bonnet is in place.

Inner Wings by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

I also had to re-position the air intake filter as it was fouling on the inner wing but I managed to move it back a couple of cm's.

(sorry about the quality of these pics as they were taken on my 'phone)

A bit more fettling required and I need to cut a hole to be able to get to the brake servo bleed screws. So until next time.........

.....peter