Thread: Preston Sammio
View Single Post
Old 8th January 2012, 14:08

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road
Default The strip continues

It's been 'orrible weather for photos but there has been plenty going on with the strip.
The interior is now bare with the dashboard and instruments out, extra wiring was found to a bizarre alarm system consisting of a 'heath robinson' motion sensor linked to two air horns! The wiring loom has now been completely disconnected from all lights etc and is rolled up either side of the bulkhead.
I've removed all the bolts holding the roof down (Including the 'B' Post fixings) so all that's holding it on now is the mastic. The sills are nearly off apart from three bolts needing some touches with the angle grinder.
On another subject, I've been the lucky bidder on a set of 4.5 x 15 wire wheels and adapters. (Without researching too much as to whether they will fit the Sammio as even if they don't I'll be happy to refurbish and sell them on). They should be arriving on Thursday so I'll get a 'before' photo prior to my taking them to my favourite blast/powder coaters.
Photos when it clears up. I've got my first batch of eBay items finishing tomorrow so I'll report back on those too.