Thread: Preston Sammio
View Single Post
Old 19th January 2012, 08:21

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

Right.. Where am I? ....

All the interior has now gone, the exterior has been stripped of its shiny bits and there are a heap more parts for sale on eBay.

In the engine bay I've removed the shrouds for access, taken the front valance (Rotten) off and as it looked very exposed, took the radiator out. I've stripped off the (rotten) master cylinders and all other bits and bobs from the bulkhead so I'm good to go there.

Nothing but sticky stuff is now holding the roof on, the nuts and stays are off the bonnet and there's only two loose bolts holding the doors on. All six bolts holding the tub on in the boot are out but as none of the four bolts holding it onto the chassis were up for playing, I had to grind their little heads off. I nearly forgot the two seat belt ring bolts at the tunnel though as they weren't referred to in my book but looking at other folk's photos I noticed the brackets and luckily figured what they were. As I see it, there should be nothing holding the tub down now but firm shaking of it doesn't seem to move . Is there anything I've missed or does it need a good lever?

Now making room for the car behind the house rather than the currently exposed area at the front before removing the big assemblies. Then the fun can start!