View Single Post
Old 8th December 2012, 10:48

dino_gt is on a distinguished road

well, there´s no information on internet as far as i know. The car is a kit car project developed by crocus design. I visited them last year, and the car looked really good. I guess that, as usually with the dino replicas, any running gear different from the original, with the gearbox underneath, needs mode space, but it can be sorted out. Crocus has posted some threads on this forum.

Regarding the longitudinal engine and gearbox, i believe that if you use V8 or bigger engines, it´s a better layout in terms of space. Also the weight of the engine may be a bit closer to the middle of the car, but the down side is the weight located behind the rear axle.

This weight is critical regarding the polar moment of inertia. very little weight here makes a difference in handling, as increases the tail out movement...
Ferrari works a lot these things, that´s why the handling of their cars is so good. Pagani, for example, on their latest model the huyara, are using a transverse box, just like the mondial T, and a ultralight exhaust to save 15 kgs there!...

this is why I always thought that the original dino layout was a brilliant idea, because with the gearbox under the engine, the weight is very well centered, and if you see how the stratos performed with it, a car with a very short wheelbase...it was just amazing...