View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2017, 05:55

Paul L is on a distinguished road

OK, I know I shouldn't, but here goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochdaleGT View Post
… the case is to bring some light into the dark "grey-zone" of registration procedures and laws…

any info here will help future builders, also potential buyers, whetehr they are from UK or abroad.
rochdaleGT - Really?

What information that actually helps anyone have you provided exactly?

If anything, you have added to the confusion.

As this is the second thread where you seem to keep confusing UK rules with German ones.
( The Miglia thread being the other. )

Generally, the law for buying things in the UK is summed up simply as "caveat emptor", or "buyer beware".

The exception being that the seller must "describe and represent the car fairly and accurately to the potential buyer".

So in this case, Micky1mo described the car in the advert and clearly stated the car was registered as a Triumph Herald.

Which leads to Lancelot Link's point that if you (as a potential buyer) are not happy with that, then don't buy it.

If the UK seller has done nothing wrong and the buyer then a problem with the rules in their country, whose fault it that?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Which brings me back to why you are confusing things, rather than helping…

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochdaleGT View Post
...can anybody also explain me why some sammios are named "sammio", "triumph sammio" "herald-sammio"...which imo would be the correct way to do it...
In short, because there is no correct way to do this, regardless of your opinion.

This was the official view of the DVLA that I was given...

"Please give the vehicle name you think best describes the vehicle"

So my car is correctly registered in the UK as a Triumph Swordfish.

Unfortunately, there was not enough space available on the V5C to call it a Triumph Swordfish 1500.

However, I could actually have called it a Swordfish 1500, with no reference to Triumph what so ever.

As this is what IanA did with his Z300S, which has no reference to either the BMW Z3 donor car, or the Tribute kit used.

So what exactly is the problem with the fact his UK based car is correctly registered in the UK as a Z300S Barchetta?

The bottom line is that you can happily call your own UK car a triumph-sammio or a herald-sammio if you want.

But please don't tell people this is the "correct way" as you clearly do not know what you are talking about.

Cheers, Paul.