View Single Post
Old 9th November 2017, 19:16

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Bodyshell arrived today , bonnet and other panels will be ready by Monday ...

I only need the body at present , so was happy to see it turn up ...

This is the colour they will be supplied in as standard , unless otherwise requested ..its Traffic Red and really suits the bodyshells ...

This one hasn't been flow coated as I know I am going to do some mods ...

I started putting a frame together , just enough to support the bodyshell for now and the beginnings of a bulkhead .....

I had two 2'' roll hoops in stock and I have used these for the front and rear bulkhead main hoops ...
I started to frame up the bulkhead using a combination of 25x25 and 20x20 mm box sections , this will have some plate added to support the pedals and will all be clad with aluminium later on ...

I was losing my light by the time I could take any pictures but these give you an idea ...

The car is going to be lowered slightly as she sits a bit high , and I am going to radius the rear arches to give her round arches to match the front on this one and the much needed tyre clearance ...

The wheels are just about inside the arches but the track is a little wide for my tastes and will not balance the front as they will be slightly tucked in ..so a relief cut is going to be put into the top of the rear arches and they will be pulled out about an inch either side , it will barely notice but will just tuck them in a bit ...