View Single Post
Old 27th February 2017, 16:21

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Some Progress

Today, between showers, I loosely fitted the headlamp pods making sure that the front faces were vertical, using a small spirit level. I'd earlier bought the 7" plastic buckets which will eventually hold Lucas P700 copies .

Postie delivered my 5m roll of 75mm x 3mm self adhesive rubber strip, so I finished off the cut outs for the chassis rails. This needed a couple of fine cuts and the body now sits perfectly, something I'm glad I checked, as it wasn't quite as good as I'd previously thought.

I next decided to make some angled sleeve washers/spacers for the centre outrigger body fixings. I made a template of the required angle and cut them from some mild steel tube about 15mm in diameter. The bolts through the centre outriggers and the floor will now sit perpendicular with decent mating areas. I'll try and get a picture of this when (if?) the sun comes out.

The rain started again so I came in and browsed Ebay for something to fill the grille hole and came up with this. Once trimmed, painted and fitted with small angled locating flanges it'll set the front end off nicely.

Regards, Mick