View Single Post
Old 30th November 2018, 21:09

SwiftyDS is on a distinguished road

Exactly two years to the day since my MRS200 kit arrived from Tribute I have hit another major milestone with all panels now bonded on, lights all wired up and several trips up and down the road outside my house....a private road of course given I still need to renew the MOT!

The passenger side door skin turned out much better than expected and although they were only short runs on the road, I did get up to approx 30 mph without anything falling off.

There is still lots to do before booking the MOT, not least fitting the coilovers as I would rather get the ride height sorted first. It’s the front quarter view which shows the arch gaps up most at their worst.....

The panel gaps are pretty much there now, with just the area between the passenger side sill and rear clam needing adjustment. I’m undecided on the bottom edge if each door. I was going to fill this as the gap is greater than I expected. However looking at it on the road it doesn’t seem that far out and that’s maybe one I leave until I’m closer to paint.

I would have to say I am pleasantly surprised and very pleased with how it’s turned out so far. Still some way to go, included getting it painted or attempting this myself, but feels close now to being road legal once again.

Oh and it has to be this view every time I open the garage doors that makes it all worthwhile.....

Last edited by SwiftyDS; 30th November 2018 at 21:13..