View Single Post
Old 5th May 2014, 22:33
Kit Car Dreamer

JARED_NOMAK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsquashdavid View Post
Hi Jon
Good to hear back- I fully understand delay.
I am at the " enthused " stage and so keen to learn and hear what others achieving.
Louth approx 35 miles.
Briefly so far:
Engine/ gearbox - 2.5 V6 achieved- like you said had to curve upper wishbone,new mounts and stays. 50 mm shortening n/s driveshaft. Fits well

Hubs: have used Alfa 166 hubs and now have 5 studs
Wheels/ tyres: bought Campagnolo wheels Superperformance, Michelin XWX 215/14 tyres. LOT sorting offset to enable .........
Chassis: footwells widened 3.25 inches,, strengthening top tunnel,part floor sheeted ( to allow me cut fibreglass from under feet -> another 25 mm depth of footwell. Other strengthening + welding
Suspension: front wishbones - new 30 mm wider, allows longer damper and travel. Rear lower wishbone repositioned 40 mm higher and also widened ( offset wheels mainly). - will need lower steering rack approx 7-10 mm reduce bump-steer
Wipers: JUST about sorted design and specification for clap hand- prototype used series 3 jaguar cable drive and wheel boxes. .
Roof: nil done- but my thoughts are to try and design very much like the 355 spider roof ie with buttress effect.

Lots more
Do keep in tough. Would love to meet. Not many of us Mirabeau owners
Best wishes
Dave
Hi
The buttress effect hardtop won't work or certainly won't do you car any favours, the rear buttress on my hardtop would scuff and scratch the paint on the quarter panels. I was working on changing the hardtop but also changing the shape of the side windows as otherwise the hardtop looks like something done by a child and does not look right.

It will end up being a hardtop that suits the curves of the car, but should still hopefully look right.

Ross