View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2014, 12:31

Mirabeau3000 is on a distinguished road

Hi Gos, what made you decide to go for the jts engine? Apart from the worry about the car being overpowered of course.

This is something I have thought about in the past - would the car handle the power and would the weight of the engine create snap oversteer - as I have yet to actually finish my car and drive it on the road properly this is something I guess I will find out for myself one day....

As for the remote servo, I know that some of the Deon cars were fitted with them but I'm not sure which would be the best to go for. The servo units were bolted to the sheet steel panel behind one of the headlights iirc.

I decided to go for a more efficient pedal ratio and adjustable front to rear brake bias. Yet to be bedded in but they felt ok on a short test drive a while ago - I have to say that full throttle was ballistic and scary so good brakes are a must! Perhaps you've made the sensible choice with the 2ltr engine.

Let us know if you find a suitable servo unit and what it's like to fit/the difference made etc.

Regards
Jon