View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2015, 17:37

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Project Review - Part 6:

September 2014 to April 2015
Yes, it really was 7 months from the time I roughly marked out my "simple" boot lid with tape...

Until the time I could finally claim the boot lid was actually both located and locking properly.

Note:
I did walk away from this "challenge" for a long time in the middle to avoid going mad, or trying to "fix" it with a lump hammer!
( And there is still some finishing off work left to do. )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

November 2014 to January 2015
The work required to the bonnet saw me through last winter, starting with yet more cutting.

But again, seeing all the work I had done finally come together in primer was a great feeling.

Note:
I still need to sort out the profile of the rear edge of the bonnet, plus the wheel arches & join sections of the bonnet to the body shell.

October 2014 to January 2015
I only have myself to blame for making the changes to my V5C a lot harder than they needed to be.

In the end it was just under 4 months from the time I took some "mock up" photos for the DVLA...

Until the new V5C arrived, but I was so pleased to see to see the changes in black & white I just didn't care.

Plus I love the fact that I a unique car name to match my "one off" build.

In addition to all the big projects listed above, I also finished lots of small, but still time consuming jobs as well.

Areas such as the twin tail pipe exits & straightening out the bottom edge of the rear valance.

My rough and ready petrol cap surround.

Number plate plinth & tail pipe shields.

Number plate light mounting plate.

Modifying this access panel so if could fit over the rear suspension lowering block.
( It looks much nicer after some more filler and paint were added. )

I'm still working on the modifications to the gear box cover.

Plus I changed the front grille too.

Plus numerous other bits and pieces long the way.

End of Part 6...