View Single Post
Old 31st October 2016, 12:02

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road
Default Badges

I'm not keen on cars that are dripping in Ferrari badges, but each to their own. I was looking for something that gives a nod to Ferrari but at the same time not trying to make it something that it is not.
I bought a genuine Ferrari "California" glove box badge but it was too small to really use on the bodywork so i have had some larger ones cut (Thanks Paul).

The top badge is the original glove box badge, the second one is how they come to me and the last 2 are after I have polished them on my buff and ultrasonically cleaned them. The polishing is very time consuming.

This is them on the boot to give you an idea of the size. I had a few made, by the time I have bought a couple buffing wheels and polishing sticks to finish the badges they will be around £40 if anyone is interested.
Not sure yet how to fix them as they are just flat on the back. I'm thinking of putting them in the oven to get them hot and then using glue from a hot glue gun, by pre heating them the glue should stay molten enough to allow you to coat the back and fit them into place. Not sure if this will work, you would have to devise you own way of fixing them, that way you can't complain to me if they drop off!