View Single Post
Old 7th May 2014, 08:22

woodsmith is on a distinguished road

Back on the build!

A quick recap: I have changed from a light weight reverse trike for fun to a trike van for work with the cab right over and ahead of the front axle.
Now I have changed to a quadricycle as I acquired an axle cheaply and I think I can keep it below the 550kg weight limit.

The chassis has been laid out with an MGB front axle and now and MGB rear axle. The motor is an 11" fork lift truck motor that will now be under the seats of the forward control cab. The chassis is a backbone of 75x50 steel box that will be incorporated into the structure of the rear load bed.

I have started building the rear of the chassis to sweep over the axle and carry the leaf springs.

I will most likely be acquiring the cab from 'Beryl', a Bradshaw FB2 load carrier used by my other half at work. She has finally died due to terminal chassis rust, wear and tear and dead batteries.

The windscreen and front panel will need to be changed to fit my Lynx heated windscreen but it saves a lot of building.

Well, it is a small spurt of activity as I have had a little time between jobs, and it also allows me to procrastinate about my wedding arrangements (only 4 1/2 weeks to go)!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0150a.jpg (94.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0156a.jpg (93.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0248a.jpg (95.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0251a.jpg (94.6 KB, 8 views)