View Single Post
Old 28th October 2008, 20:23
Enthusiast

alackofspeed is on a distinguished road

Well it wasn't quite the day I'd hoped for.......

However I still got plenty of track time, both as a driver and a passenger - I'm wearing the white helmet in the Celica GT4.

http://eventpictures.fotopic.net/c1602292_1.html

As for the car, here is the story (pasted from a honda engine forum, as I'm lazy!).

"The story of the problem, is as follows:

This morning I starting driving to my local track. I met my friend on my way, and pulled alongside his car.... at this point my car cut out. Naturally I assumed this was a totally freak occurrence so tried to restart the car, and nothing happened. Given the car cut out all of a sudden, I thought the first thing to check was fuses / relays. Sadly all the fuses and relays were fine.

I then lifted the engine cover, and started checking sensor plugs for moisture, or damage, and they were fine. I checked for power at sensors, coils, and found there to be no problem at all.

Fortunately I had my laptop with me, so I plugged that into to the ecu to check the sensor values (with the engine not running) were sensible, and they were.

So again I tried to crank the engine, and it did eventually fire, but ran exceptionally rough and there was clearly an excessive amount of fuel being injected, going on the vapourised fuel being pumped out of the exhaust.

I concluded I wasn't going to solve the issue at the side of the road, and with attendance at the track being my priority, I got the car recovered to my home, and I went to the track.

On returning from the track, I thought for interest's sake that I would try and fire the engine.... it fired up first time and ran like the sewing machine it normally is. So I left the engine running, and it warmed up fine, and appeared very happy. Then all of a sudden, like when I was meeting my friend earlier in the day, the engine died.

Again I tried to crank the engine but nothing happened other than lots of fuel vapour came from the exhaust pipes, and engine refused to start.

When I got the engine started this evening it was my intention to get my laptop and log the ECU activity, but sadly I couldn't as the engine died at the very time I was about to collect a laptop.

What I have been able to establish from K-pro, is that the tps signal seems fine (progressive response with throttle opening), and all the sensors are giving sensible figures to ECU."