View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2019, 21:45

JJMCD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post
I'm really trying to keep it looking authentic. I did buy two sets of wheels, these centre laced style really set the car off well.
This isn't so much kit car but a bespoke one off with a coach built body by Giordanengo.
Yes, agreed. Along with your body, there are several other aftermarket Ferrari bodies that have been subsequently installed on different chassis after the Ferrari owner decided to return the car to stock appearance by having a reproduction of the original body made. For example, a famous 250SWB received a Drogo rebody in the 1960s after a crash, which was replaced with a reproduction 250SWB body in the 1980s after the value of 250SWBs skyrocketed. That Drogo body was subsequently installed on a 250 GTE or PF coupe chassis.

The reason why your body became available was that Boano coupes like the one on which your 250TR replica body was installed appreciated sufficiently in value that the owner figured out that he could have Heitbrink make a new Boano body for it and have a car that is worth more than a Boano chassis with a 250TR rebody. Eventually, the same thing will happen with the 250GTEs and 330 GTs that are underneath the other 250TR and GTO rebodies out there, those chassis will be put back to original and the bodies will become available.

If and when it comes time to sell this car, I think that you could substantially increase its value by installing the body on derelict Ferrari 400a chassis, as it would once again be “all Ferrari”.

In the interim, have fund with it! Great work, once again.

Last edited by JJMCD; 22nd January 2019 at 21:50..