View Single Post
Old 9th June 2019, 13:38

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Dpaz - Currently, the plywood cockpit walls are cover in Tetroseal.

So I am hoping the slight 'give' in that surface will be enough on the underside of the alloy sheet.

Unfortunately, the rain forecast for next week means I will be unlikely to make any progress on this at all.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Deggsy - Make no mistake, your car's riveted panels will look a lot better than mine.

DaveP - Cheers.

Which remind me, where are your 2019 Kobra on the road photos?

Saturday - Windy

I left the cardboard, scissors and marker pen on top of my bins while I went to peel back the car cover.

But no sooner had I turned my back and the wind picked the whole lot up and threw it over the drive!

So it was a bit of a battle to cut out the first part of the passenger side template.

As before, I still need to extend this to carry on around the rear cockpit curves and do the seat belt mount properly.

Sunday - "Outta Gas"
Wanted to take the car out for a quick drive, but only got as far as the street.
- The car started up OK.
- I reversed out of my driveway OK.
- The engine idled OK (on choke) while I sorted out my seatbelt.
- But then died shortly after I pulled away and then refused point blank to re-start.

So I had to push it back to the side of the road to see what was going on.

My fuel gauge was low, but not empty and it had sounded like a fuel problem.

So a quick trip to the petrol station will a jerry can meant I could add 5 litres to the tank just in case.

But still nothing.

Then I noticed the fuel filter was messy.

So that was stripped down and cleaned.

The good news (I think) is that there appeared to be fuel at the end of the hard line.

At this point I tried to turn the engine over to see if fuel would come out of this pipe.

But nothing happened and it did take me a while to remember the fuel is sucked from the engine, not pushed from the tank.

So I tried to trace the route to the carbs and found this pipe was not sitting flush.
( Photo taken after I had pushed it in fully and retightened the jubilee clip. )

This pipe feeds this 'thing' next to the carbs.

Unfortunately, despite all this, there was still no fuel coming into the glass filter.

Which meant I had to give up for now and push the car back across the street and into my driveway.

Help Required
At some point I will dig out my Haynes manual and see if there is a trouble shooting section.

In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions for what else I should check/ do, I'd be very grateful.

Cheers, Paul.