Thread: G46 V8 Mk1
View Single Post
Old 8th January 2012, 19:03

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road
Default Charlie pass me the angle grinder!

Well we thought we had chopped away as much of the old scimitar as we dare, but decided we had better test fit the V8 engine and box and as a result the old angle grinder has been out and more of the bulkhead had to go.

From the engine bay, we had decided to set the engine further back than the SE5 boys do as we have the luxury of having the space, we may have to move the pedal box back as well

from inside the car at least we wont need a heater!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have also decided to test fit the front suspension to see whether we could actually get the exhaust behind the wheels, we are using E Type series three wire wheels with 205 x 15 x 70's tyres

We acquired off e-bay last week for £132.0 at set of TVR 350i and discovery headers and the next photo shows our efforts last thing this afternoon to cut and fabricate them to suit our motor we are thinking of taking them under the door cills both sides and exiting them from behind the doors on the a bit like the DB3 Aston Martins, there is more than enough room in the side cills to lose the cherry bomb silence but we do not want to loose the line of the car, so it's an idea in development

Gary I like the door hinges you have used on the Vitesse based car you are doing

Re the weight of the finish car I think we will be down around 800 - 850kgs the Hawk 289 I build some some years ago came out at 80kgs

Been a slow week what with work and more of the same next week