View Single Post
Old 17th December 2014, 13:32

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Winter Cleaning...
Once again, my usual rush to put things away has left the Summer House in such a mess I could barely get into it.

This time it was even worse than usual as the "bottom" had fallen out of a couple of my storage boxes while looking for things the other day.

So I bought a batch of new boxes and decided to sort everything out properly for a change.

Before:
( Not a great photo as it was taken from the outside looking in. )

During:

After:

Having all the boxes the same size has made a big difference as they are a much better fit on the shelves.

In addition, I have numbered the boxes and made a separate list of the contents of each box.

Whereas, previously, I had listed the contents on a piece of paper & stuck that to the box.

Given some boxes were "hidden" behind others, this meant pulling lots of boxes out trying to locate the right one.

I have also separately packed up two boxes of surplus parts that I still need to sell on Ebay.

My surplus parts includes these bonnet mascots that I've picked up along the way since my build started.

I actually have a 4th mascot that I am still in two minds about fitting.

Note: The one on the bottom right of the photo is still my favourite, but it is MASSIVE!

Not surprisingly this tidy up has taken a lot of time over the last two days, but it was well worth the effort.

Unfortunately, it is currently too misty outside to work on the bonnet hinges.

However, at least I was able to find a selection of nuts & bolts to use with the hinges.

So until next time, take care, Paul.

PS
Still no sign of my revised V5C (Take 2) from the DVLA.