View Single Post
Old 13th May 2017, 13:44

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Perspective - Part 1:
I've been re-reading a number of old build threads to remind myself how other people painted their cars.
( Including Misted Towed, Viatron, Swifty, DaveCymru, Scottie22 & FatBloke. )

First of all, hats of to everyone for putting so much effort into prepping/painting their cars and sharing the details.

The other day, I posted a photo of my chopped up bonnet to remind myself why there was a lumpy join.

Which lead me to dig out a few old photos to illustrate the whole Frankenstein Hillbilly nature of my build.

This was the body shell before it got its first coat of etch primer.

And this was before I cut out the boot lid, added two tail pipe cut outs, added part of the bonnet to extend the bodyshell & reshaped the wheel arches.

Similarly, the bonnet was extended at the rear and re-profiled to match my home made scuttle.

Plus I gave it a 'nose job', reshaped the lower front valance to clear the chassis when opening and reshaped the wheel arches.

So before I start beating myself up for not achieving the same high standard of other people's paint jobs…

I must take comfort from this simple fact that I have managed to get my Triumph Swordfish on the road…

Despite the fact it has ended up with a long list of significant differences to the Sammio Cordite I started off with.

End of Part 1…