Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 15th November 2011, 13:18
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatOldOne View Post
Well, I had to wait for you to comment. You are our sponsor, after all.

Right - here's the bottom line. Braking is MUCH improved.

There's a lot more feel in the pedal to my mind - you know how much braking effort is going in from the position of the pedal, not the muscles on your leg bulging under the strain.

You also get the feel that the car is going to stop in time, none of that "pray and press harder" when you have to anchor up rapidly. Initial bite is much more in line with my daily drivers.

In fact in a drag test on an empty road, I managed to lock the wheels by standing on the brakes - something I have never seen outside the IVA station...

So - I declare it a complete success. Gentlemen, start your credit cards!
Jason

Many thanks for being the guinea pig and testing this out. It sounds like very good news.

Quick question - did you make a seal between the servo and master cylinder? - I have a hunch it is not necessary, which makes the adaptor slightly easier to make, as we can do away with the O-ring and recess.
Would it be worth trying without the O - ring to prove that it still works?

Would you like to keep the adaptor plate, or would you prefer to make your own? I am happy either way (genuinely no offence if you prefer to make your own) - I will have to make a new one whatever, for my Cabrio as this one rotates my Sierra reservoir over at an unacceptable angle.

I hope this little bit of good news has helped you feel a little better..........?

Thanks once again
Mike