View Single Post
Old 1st November 2015, 17:57
Enthusiast

pompeyal is on a distinguished road
Default The wiring harness

I acquired a complete Honda harness that I was going to modify to suit the McCoy, It was a harness from a civic so I would have quite a few bits to cut out, first I took the rear harness and rebuilt that, removing the electric window wiring and anything else I didn’t require

Then I started to fit the engine harness and the engine bay harness for the lights etc, this I would cut about removing unwanted bits later.

The parts of the harness I didn’t need were the ABS, Air con etc

I made drawings of the wiring and what was for what, labelled all the ends and then it was ready for stripping, I didn’t want to do that yet because I didn’t know what was required for the ecu, so I started the cabin wiring (Warning: If you have a nervous disposition look away now)

Well if you can make any sense of that lot without getting a head ache please come and sort it out because it has done my head in, I won’t let it beat me but I will be doing it in stages, it had taken an age to get here, looking through wiring diagrams, sorting out what is needed, what may be needed, what isn’t needed or of it was effected by what had been or was going to be cut out…..Hmmmm, needless to say I have left this alone for a while now to get my sanity back