View Single Post
Old 12th December 2015, 14:56

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Playing Tourist:
One advantage of having guests is an excuse for us to make a rare visit to the West End last night.

As we were going to see this.

It was my wife's choice and there was some really great songs in it.

Although she clearly hadn't read any reviews, as there was an awful lot of "F'ing & Blinding" in it too.

I'd certainly be in the dog house for using that kind of language in front of our daughters.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A Brief Encounter:
I had a load of domestic chores to do today while everyone else headed off to Kensington for the afternoon.

But I did manage to sneak out for a few minutes...

Previously, I had make a rough sketch on a printed out photo.

So to get an even gap all the way around, I need to reduce the gap on the left & increase the gap on the right.

Today I just wanted to quickly compare the arch on the passenger side to my plywood template.

So even though this is just resting in place, and must lower than it needs to be, you can still get the general idea.

This is how Swifty tackled re-profiling his rear arch.

And this is PsychoPops doing his.

Currently, I plan to use a combination of these two approaches to "cut & shut" the arch.

However, first I need to drill a hole in the template that will line up with the centre of the wheel.

Then I will add a few extra holes, so I can zip tie the template to the wheel spokes to firmly hold it in place.

But that will be a task for another day, as I now need to start making a Shepherds Pie for dinner.

Take care, Paul.