View Single Post
Old 1st May 2016, 08:12

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Rene - I think my current build conditions are hard enough as it is, without living outside on a permanent basis too.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Some Interior Thoughts:
I knew buying an 'off cut' of aluminium sheet for the inner wheel arches would lead to 'mission creep'.

As I find myself looking at other people's great work, e.g. DaveCymru & Scottie.

Although, I do have the small issue of how 'wonky' my internal plywood panels are compared to most.

So making large panels fit over the odd shapes might be quite a challenge for my limited tools/talent.

This lead me to think about using a series of smaller, over lapping, panels to cover the internal cockpit walls.

Unfortunately, at this point, my fascination with 'make do and mend' Rat Rod interiors started to lead me astray...

Because, after all, I've already recycled some beer cans to make my body shell's tail pipe exits.

So how about an ally interior made from cans of Fosters, something like this?

Thankfully, I have now come to my senses and if any beer cans get used, they will be "inside out".

Take care, Paul.

PS
The plan remains to aim for a rough, but painted black, interior to get me through the first MOT.