View Single Post
Old 30th September 2019, 16:20

SwiftyDS is on a distinguished road

I made a start on applying the vinyl to the passenger side today, and turned the car around after struggling to paint the Plasti Dip on the other side of the garage which has limited space.

Was nice to see the car turned around and have a different view from the garage doors :-)

Didn’t have that much time on the vinyl, but made a solid start and should hopefully have it finished if I can get another good afternoon in later in the week. I managed to finish the other “ear” yesterday as well.

All the old “wrong” stickers have come of the passenger sill and I’ll apply the correct ones once the vinyl is on. I should hopefully also get a couple of plates back in the post tomorrow for the C reg, and get them on before the next update.

Those following my build thread will remember a question from Nostromo on the flag just above the side repeater. I’m thinking of applying the drivers names from the no 6. 1986 car and spent a bit of time trying to source the font. Was impressed with an online AI driven font finder (you upload a couple of images of individual letters in the font you are looking for). Seems to be a close match and I’ve gone back to my favourite sticker/decal maker on eBay to get a couple of stickers printed and will let you know what they look like. You can see the masking tape in the picture above where I was working out the dimensions for the stickers. This is the font I managed to download.....