View Single Post
Old 15th November 2019, 10:01

SwiftyDS is on a distinguished road

Managed to get out and about in the car quite a bit this week despite the weather. At least the fact the kit keeps the MR2 doors / windows as-is means it’s water tight, and so far (touch wood) the bottom the door where it had to be cut down to fit the MRS200 door skin is staying dry.

It’s surprisingly refined with the MR2 windows up when driving but not so refined that you can’t hear the induction roar from the kit I fitted. That, together with the non-standard exhaust I fitted early on in the build, means it feels faster than the MR2 donor. I need to find a quiet straight road to check if it is actually any quicker :-)

I’ve got a few areas I’ve spotted through the road tests so far that I need to take a look at over the next week or so. The front engine undertray has come away - not enough to drag but on inspection at some point the retaining fixing had been lost and replaced with a cable tie that had snapped - missed that one in all the checks but easy to sort. I’m also still not 100% happy with the fit of the drivers side rear light assembly where it meets the wing area - it needs shifting towards the centre or the car by about 5mm to sit better. I need to open up the aperture in the rear clam a bit so it moves over.

Being white means it only needs the slightest bit of wet or damp on the road and it looks filthy ! At least the arches front and back look a bit more ‘lived in’ now :-)