View Single Post
Old 1st March 2019, 09:00

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Dpaz - Funnily enough, I do get overtaken all the time when on motorways in the Swordfish.

As there is no desire to really put my foot down, due to the complete absence of modern safety features.

However, back in the days of my Triumph T595 (Avatar photo) being overtaken happened "Not so much".

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Deni - Cheers.

I know if I, or anyone else for that matter, looks for faults in my car they will appear all over the place.

But, thankfully, most people only look at the overall picture of the car, not the OCD details.

E.g. A guy came over for a chat when I was taking the last round of photos in the Sainsbury's car park.

He had been to the recent Classic Car Show at Excel and thought I was driving a genuine classic car.

Yorkshireman - Well, I've stolen more than my fair share of ideas from other builds over the years.

Spring Cleaning
What I thought might be a few days to myself has quickly turned into a domestic chorefest.

Number one target is the "It might come in handy one day" pile at the back of the Summerhouse.

This is what is looked like when I dragged out my spare fibreglass footwells for Mister Towed.

My first trip to the dump removed all the insulation foam I had rescued from skips.

The second trip to the dump removed what remained of my spare Spitfire body shell.

There is still more work to do in this area, but at least I've made a decent start.

I've also been dragging out and photographing all the stuff I need to sell on Ebay, including my leather seat covers.

If I can get things listed in the next few days, this will hopefully give me more space before the end of the month.

With the ultimate plan being to replace my existing shed, which is rotting in places, with a slightly bigger one around Easter time.

Until next time, take care, Paul.