View Single Post
Old 16th July 2014, 15:54

Scottie22 is on a distinguished road
Default Wednesday PM

Well I'm back from the auction and had the satisfaction of being right about
my friend asking too much for his car, he had a reserve of 7k on it and it fizzled out at 5.4k, well short of what he expected. At least I was there to give him the necessary support! He was of course - gutted.

So, this morning early I started on the drivers wheel arch bonding to body process.

I thought as ever, that it would be an easy job, easier than the other side which I did yesterday.

And, as ever I was wrong about that too!

The passengers side turned out to be easier because there is nothing under the bonnet that side which requires future access.

The drivers side is very different, things that may need future access are: the windscreen wiper motor, and both the clutch and brake master cylinders to name but a few.

Which is the main reason I went to so much trouble to cut an access panel out at the start of the build.

And I am so glad I did, as without it I think I would have been bollo*ed

so, unlike the passengers side, when I boxed the drivers side in, I had to think a lot about access, and leave as much space in that area as It would be possible to do.

I continued the top of the bulkhead laterally across to the body shell, in
order to give more spanner-room, if I ever needed to change any of the gubbins in that area.

Very awkward to work in such a confined space, (how many times have I used that sentence in this thread!!!)

Anyhow, it is done, and I think the results are as good as they can be, given the confines.

So that is the front bulkhead completely bonded to the XKSS body shell, I will still have to put in place some sort of inner wheel arch, as I do not want the same problem the Towed had with his battery box becoming flooded!

(Although mine still has a nice drain pipe on it)

The pictures tell the story

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]