View Single Post
Old 4th April 2018, 20:33
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel level sender mods

A few weeks back I mentioned that I will give an update on the Fuel level sender modifications I've been working on.

This is the Ford combined 'lifter pump' and fuel level sender that fits the Granada fuel tank installed in the Sabre. But the Ford sender's resistance is not compatible with the ETB Fuel gauge that I have bought.

Fuel Level Sender by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr
(sorry about the poor quality photo's)

This is the ETB fuel level sender. Luckily, the full range from Empty to Full is covered by a 90 degree sweep which is the same as the Ford sender. Also, the RTB sender's variable resistance part is easily unbolted.

Before dismantling the Ford sender I marked the Full and Empty positions. It was easy to remove the Ford variable resistor by just bending back a couple of tabs.

I then mounted the ETB rheostat to the Ford support leg using M6 screws and some aluminium tube spacers. A very fiddly job!!

And here is a side view of ETB sender mounted on Ford fuel tank unit. In the Full position.

It seems to work OK so just need to wire it up and make sure the gauge reads correctly; and then make sure it fits OK in the tank.

Another little job ticked off the plan

.....peter