View Single Post
Old 30th August 2015, 21:35

ericholm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Eric - This may be a daft question, but are you building the coupe, or convertible, SWB?

Also, just so I can understand it, is the Tribute grill surround fibreglass?
( As some builders clearly have a shiny metal surround on their cars. )

Finally, whilst I have enjoyed following this build, you are closer to finishing after less than 2 months, than I am after 3 years!

Good luck, Paul.
Hi Paul,

Convertible, as couldn't even consider turning a convertible into a hardtop, so really chuffed when Tribute bought it out

Yep grill is fibreglass, I will have it finished to my spec, maybe they have sprayed theirs? I need to do some adjustments there though, as with the rest of the car to get things to fit well. You can't see it in the photos but there is a small lip all along the top edge where it doesn't meet the front part of the main bonnet section and it really will stand out when finished, anyhow thats fine and will be classed as tinkering time.

I think its an illusion, as I have still to refit the back end correctly and there is still lots of wiring, washer jets, suspension, tyres and wheels, door locks and opening, vents, sealing, the list goes on and on......

I just wanted to get the bulk of it done whilst the weather was good, but in reality I won't be going anywhere in it until good weather time next year.

Ha ha, kit only arrived on 1st August and we are still in August and I had a week in Italy and 1 week away on business, for me its lagging to far too long already.

Thanks for the comments and we are all running along at our own speed, its not a race and there are no prizes, just fun and a sense of achievement. Good luck also I am sure you don't need it