View Single Post
Old 26th October 2018, 09:08

Barber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash View Post
Well that looks.....really very, very nice. That roof line and rear screen is a big step forward from SWB. There's some lovely curves - love the front but the roof back is really gorgeous. Looking quite the package. FFS don't badge it!!
Smash, point taken. I'll address several replies in one go here. The whole design takes loads of Zagato cues from different marques. Without a doubt in my eyes, the AM version is the most beautiful car overall, but this shape varies considerably in many areas, so badging would be mis-representative in the extreme, and not my intention (apart maybe from some BMW "Z's" on the front wings a la Zagato). For example, the bonnet is modified SWB, the roof is modified 275, the rear is chopped 250 coupe, the cills are Cobra and a Micra rear screen is nothing like any of the Zagato models, not to mention the Ford nose. The side grills are from an unknown vehicle that Chris picked up from an auto jumble some years ago.

All along, and discussed again this week with Chris, I just wanted a beautiful car that I could drive as a daily runaround in my retirement, and the 250 SWB didn't quite do it for me.