View Single Post
Old 28th October 2018, 08:22

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Molleur - Cheers Jack.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Baby, it's cold outside.
Yesterday was my first engine start up in a while and it sounded like a flat battery.
( Very slow turn over and no signs of life. )

But, thankfully, on my fourth and final attempt before getting the charger out, the car suddenly burst into life.

Unfortunately, it then ran like a complete bag of nails for the first 10 miles or so.

This was definitely the first real taste of Winter 2018/19, as I quickly lost feeling in my face!

At least I remembered my goggles this time, which helps.

Plus hearing a small child say "That's an old racing car." as you are waiting at lights is always heart warming.

With limited time available, I could only rack up around 20 odd miles in total, but better than nothing.

This also included a visit to some friends who has spotted me driving around and sent a text.
( Which I only saw when I stopped to fill up with petrol. )

By the time I got to Sainsburys on the way home, it looked like I would be cold & wet!

My MOT it due next month (due to the painting delay last year) so I really must fix the overdrive switch.

So until next time, take care, Paul.

PS
Here are a few photos from my trip to Poland last weekend for my mate's wedding.

Got to love being above the clouds.

The view from our hotel room in Warsaw.

Note:
What appears to be dark black railway sleepers in between the roads are in fact made of bronze!

As they lead up to this, the "Monument to the Fallen and Murdered in the East".

Which is a reminder of what the Soviet Union did to Poland from 1939 to 1989.