View Single Post
Old 27th April 2014, 13:34

swifty is on a distinguished road

Fitted the adapter plate to the engine and gearbox and all went well, had to make a new phosphor bronze bush as the input shaft on the type 9 (15mm dia) is larger than the triumph gearbox input shaft.

IMG_4285.jpg IMG_4286.jpg

Photo before and after of the crank shaft with a new bush fitted to suit the ford gearbox input shaft diameter of 15.02mm.

I had to come up with an idea to make sure the new gearbox and triumph bell housing were centrally aligned, so i made a split plastic bush to slide into the clutch release bearing shaft, it has to be split as the type 9 input shaft is 19.05mm dia but the spline section is 25mm dia, if that make sense any way here are a couple of pictures to show what i mean.

IMG_4288.jpg IMG_4287.jpg

Fist picture shows no plastic bush fitted and second shows the bush in place circled in red. Once the bush is in place you can tighten the bell housing mount bolts up confident that all is aligned.

IMG_4292.jpg

Split alignment bush used to align bell housing with gearbox input shaft, made from plastic as it's easy to machine and cheap.

Last edited by swifty; 1st May 2014 at 19:23..