View Single Post
Old 11th March 2020, 21:53

Fibreglass is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the post Ian.

The new chassis build is progressing well and we will sort some pictures out soon.
We have learnt a lot about the original Dino chassis through this process and have therefore found out that the chassis blueprint that was posted above is from a very early 246 and is very different to the later chassis. Very few of the measurements are the same and this caused some confusion when originally doing the drawings. However this is all sorted out now.

We are now starting to get some parts reproduced so with a little more time will be able to supply a very comprehensive kit.

Here is a little preview of the new chassis design for anyone who has not already seen it.
The front suspension will remain the same as the original Dino but with our own wishbones and uprights. The rear has been changed to allow more space for alternative engine/transmission fitment. The suspension has been updated to allow this but the basis geometry remains the same.

More updates to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarbuilder246 View Post
Hi All

Not much doing!! Thought I'd update you all on my build. After much measuring and several wooden mock ups I've given up and decided to use one of marks dino chassis. My idea was to get a standard dino chassis and alter it to fit new /bespoke rear suspension while keeping the front as is. But then mark contacted me with some superb news.
For all those that follow the page Mark is working with a french guy who is updating the original chassis to take more modern/bespoke running gear but sticking to the original geometry. He is also working on producing some of the more hard to find pieces. The chassis redesign will use all the original pick up points for everything dino but should allow the fitting of nearly all V6 engine/gearboxes you can think of!! The first chassis should be started soon but the new cad drawings look great.

ian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rear alfa chassis small.jpg (86.8 KB, 30 views)