View Single Post
Old 18th October 2018, 17:32

tonyvan is on a distinguished road

hi Rockford, I picked up the Dino late 2016, It was a running car,decent paint, but needed a few bits doing to it like swapping the wheels out for Cromadoras,redo the headlining and rechroming the bumpers and trim, and just referb and replace items that i felt needed replacing,but due to work commitments,and not having enough room for 2 cars and a bike i was unable to do much of the work myself,so i sent it to a garage who were going to work on it "as and when",to get it ready for the summer of 2017..... this never materialized as they messed me around big time,especially with the wheel hubs, so i took the car back late 2017 and had no choice but to store the car until i could move somewhere with a big enough garage to keep all my toys in,and have the room to do the work myself. Aug this year that happened and i started out to get the car done.Modified/changed the pedal position and improve the lack of foot space.Sorted out the rear hubs myself and wished i had done the fronts but hey u live and learn.There isnt much left to do, just to refit the chrome bumpers and chrome trim, hubcaps, new HT leads etc. but it wont go on the road now until late March 2019.As with these things,you start out and then find more and more things to change and sort out. Ive been a bit OCD and changed all nuts & bolts to stainless steel and every jubilee clip changed to stainless, so u can see im being a bit anal !!!! Engine wise i decided to stay with the twin cam as looking into swapping it for the alfa v6 was just going to be a real pain. Luckly i purchased another good race spec engine with high comp pistons, high lift cams and ported and polished race head, good for around 180bhp sucking from the twin 45 downdrafts mated to a custom stainless steel exhaust.The sounds is pretty sweet actually. Although its taken longer than i hoped, im pretty happy how its turned out. Budget wise, i am actually under budget even though ive bought lots of new items,instead of referbing them. Only bitter pill was the front hubs which cost me 3 times more to get made than the rears, even though my design of the rears will work on the front, it was too late, the garage tried to over engineer and complicate something that actually was an easy modification to get made in the end. Hey Ho..
The pics dont really do it justice so i hope to get to stoneleigh 2019,and enjoy driving it around. Hope this helps you.?