View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:01

davecymru is on a distinguished road

The Chassis "mod" isn't really a mod, it's just a case of going with the system.

From what i've read, if you can get an 'expert' to attest to the fact that those bits aren't a structural component of the chassis and removing them doesn't affect the integrity of the chassis then they could be altered whenever you please and it wouldn't trouble VOSA at all. (NOTE: this is only my personal view based on some VOSA guidelines i've read!)

If you can't get that statement and you present it to VOSA for inspection with the ends of those pre-altered then it's completely up to the local inspectors interpretation of the regulations and how that applies to your particular chassis. TBH seeing as they are the end of the outriggers i'm pretty sure that 99 out of 100 inspectors would be more than happy with it, and probably the majority wouldn't even know that the outriggers had even been adjusted in the first place if they didn't know the Triumph chassis.

So seeing as the VOSA inspection is simply an inspection to confirm that you have re-bodied the existing chassis (in order to change the V5) and is not a mechanical inspection then simply leaving them sticking out is the simplest course of action all round.

TBH, i was considering using them to support a bumper at one point as they would be ideal for that.