View Single Post
Old 18th June 2007, 18:58
Enthusiast

craig is on a distinguished road

Hi all, Update on my piece of shit clutch!!

After changing all my components and spending £££'s my clutch still did not work and I was basically wanting to smash my car into little bits.....

I have spent over 70hrs on it in total maybe slightly more.

I decided a couple of weeks ago to take everything off and down to a local garage who pressure bled the system for me.....garaunteed no air my hopes were high!

Connected everything back up and hey presto.....it was no better still not working.....ffs

After it playing on my mind for a while and a few people posted on here about the id of the clutch line I visited pirtek and asked there advice.
They told me the inner dia should not make a differance but sometimes it can but they could not make me up a line smaller then the goodridge I already had.

Anyway visited Brians garage on fri (holgate 86) who very very kindly made me up a line thanks much........

Just had the time to fit it tonight due to work commitments and if being honest not expecting much.

connected it up did the usual with bleeding it took the normal 5 mins and clutch works like a dream...........I can select all gears and little drive followed works perfect.

So after all the wasted time it was definately the innternal dia of clutch line, just wish I had followed my instincts and tried it earlier but you live and learn.

My car would bhave been more or less done now but at least I can get motivated again.

Many thanks to everyone for posting and offering advice it is much appreciated

Craig